Tuesday, June 18, 2013

You

Dear Renolds,

I should first warn you that I’m entirely drunk right now. Well, not entirely. The walk home in the cold sobered me up a bit, but I’m still pretty damn tipsy. Huh… I called it home. That’s quite strange…

I should also thank you. You’ve been wonderful. You took me in, no matter how borderline creepy the pretenses. You were my lesbian goddess. You saw the poor, confused, puppy on the side of the road and you picked her up, gave her some alcohol, and showed her the joys of sex.

Because of you, I can admit that the world doesn’t fit into boxes. Not everyone has to be straight, perfect, mannerly, and prissy. It’s perfectly acceptable to walk out of the house in a skimpy dress and make out with a few people in the same night. Well, maybe that’s not entirely acceptable, but it’s not half bad.

Because of you, I know more about myself. I know that it’s okay for me to not like guys as much as I like girls. Am I straight? No. Am I gay? I can’t be sure. Am I bi? It’s something like that. Thank you for teaching me about myself.

Looking back, it seems a bit like you brainwashed me into being something other than the straight, sheltered girl my parents brought up. But I don’t think that’s true. Not at all. I just think you showed me the world and everything it had to offer. I know the dark corners of bondage. I know the bright streetlamps of Gayiversary’s. I know about living somewhere in the midst of a crazy mixed up world where anything goes. And that life’s pretty okay.

It’s time for me to go face the world on my own. Maybe it’s the alcohol talking, but I think I’m ready to manage my own life from here. I woke up and I’m ready to kick some ass. My town could use someone like you. Since no one’s stepping up to the plate, the person’s going to have to be me.

To be completely honest, if I stayed too long I’d probably fall a little bit in love with you. You’re a heartbreaker, Renolds. And if I stayed any longer than I already have, I would have even more problems with Astrid. I saw her tonight – she’s done with me. Oh well.

As for what’s next, I’m not sure. Maybe I’ll find Lika and finish that kiss. Maybe I’ll find someone else. Maybe I’ll grab a bag and end up halfway across the country. I’m not too concerned, really. I’m just ready to go.

Thank you, once again. I found myself here. It’s been… strange, to say the least. And an honest to God bicurious adventure. Whatever comes next I’ll be able to handle thanks to your crazy crop of friends.

I hope you don’t forget me. I also hope you never do this to anyone again. You realize how many laws you probably broke? You pretty much kidnapped me. That’s neither here nor there. I’d just rather not have to visit you in jail. This isn’t goodbye forever. It’s only a farewell.

Stop scoffing at my cheesy line and know that it’s true. Someday we’ll be the best goddamn Drunken Duo this world has ever had.

I’ll never forget the Lesbian Goddess who gave me myself.

Love always,

Florence Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment