Sunday, June 23, 2013

Hello, Goodbye


The moment I left the club, I decided it was time to leave Renolds and her world. I didn’t get to see Renolds, Astrid, Tedd, or any of their friends before I left town. However, there was one last strange occurrence.

With the bit of the stuff I had acquired in my stay, I started walking down the dark street. The alcohol was affecting my common sense so I still didn’t realize that I needed a ride back to my old house. About a block or two away, a car slowed down and pulled up next to me. Just as I was about to slip off the pumps and book it, the person stepped out of the car and I realized I wasn’t being mistaken for a prostitute.

“Well hello there.”

It was none other than Eva Darling.

“Hey.”

“You look like you’re going somewhere. Anywhere of interest?”

“I’m leaving. It’s time to go back to my own world.”

“I’m looking for a party so I’d love to go out of town. Would you like a ride?”

Sweet Jesus there is a God, I thought as I realized a twenty minute drive was a fuck-me long walk.

“Please.”

On the drive, we didn’t talk about much. In fact, I was dead asleep after a few minutes. When I opened my eyes, I began to recognize the streets.

“This is the right town, yes? I didn’t want to wake you to ask again.”

“This is right.”

“Fantastic! It looks like there’s a party for me to crash down the street. Mind if I drop you off there?”

“No. It’s about two blocks from my house.”

She smiled and pulled into a parking place. As I was about to say goodbye to my final connection to Renolds’ world, she looked at me over the hood of the car, grinning malevolently. “Kiss two girls at once yet?”

“No. And I’m not willing to try.”

“Damn,” she said, waving to me as she followed the path of people into the crowded house.

Gathering myself, I began my walk home. Barely two steps away from the car, I heard someone familiar. “Well if it isn’t Ms. Kiss and Skip Town.”

“Lika?!”

Sure enough, that beautiful girl was grinning right at me. Damn… had she gotten hotter?

“Sure as hell is. Damn, Florence. What happened to you?”

I flipped my hair over my shoulder, put on a newly assured smile, and said “Everything. Sometime, I’ll tell you. But right now, I have to finish that kiss.”

Dropping my bags, I took her face in my hands and kissed her with every ounce of confidence I had gained. Pulling back, Lika looked vaguely confused.

“Uh… Thanks, Flo. But sorry. My lesbian stage ended a week after you left.”

Fucking hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment