Thursday, June 27, 2013

Epilogue


Summer was slowly coming to an end. Once again, I found myself on the cusp of a new adventure. This time, I was moving out and going to college. Saying I was excited would’ve been an understatement. My bicurious adventure had been over for quite some time and no one in my town was as open or willing as in Renolds’ crazy world.

I was dying for someone – of any gender – to experiment with me.

As I sealed the last of my things away in boxes, a weird, techno song with pulsing beats started to play suspiciously loud. Going to investigate at my window, I found a bright splash of red hair and glowing green eyes.

“Open up!” she mouthed.

“Renolds!” I yelled, throwing open the window. She crawled in and mauled me in a bear hug.

“Oh, Bitch, I’ve missed you so! The apartment’s empty without you!”

“Not like you’re there most of the time anyways.”

“Because I don’t have an excuse anymore. Let me look at you! God, you look ghastly pale. Don’t you ever go outside? Never mind. Have you gotten any?”

I wasn’t even surprised that this was Renolds’ main concern.

“Not even a little.”

“What about that girl? Lika?”

“Turns out she went straight on us.”

“Fuck… I’m sorry… What’s with all the boxes?”

“I’m leaving,” I sighed, “Off to college… Yay…”

“You don’t sound thrilled,” Renolds flopped onto my bare bed.

“Not really. I mean, I want to meet people but I don’t really care to do the school work. Besides, what if I’m stuck in a town filled with prudes again?”

“This is a distinct possibility. Almost always is. Are you going far?”

“Not really.”

“How would you like having a partner there with you? Someone to arrange and find the best parties, meet the hottest – or sluttiest – people. Someone to explore with. It’d be another adventure.”

“You can’t just move…”

“I don’t have anything of interest back at my place. I’m ready to move on. What do you say?”

“Fuck, let’s go!”

“Fantastic! It’ll be another adventure. One of the scholastic nature.”

“Like you’ll do anything academic.”

“Well… I’ll be doing academic people,” Renolds winked and pulled me down onto the bed next to her. We laid side by side, talking and feeling at ease.

It wasn’t an adventure to find love or “the one”. It wasn’t even really an adventure to find the hottest people to fuck. It was an adventure to find the best times and share them together. Sure, we slept together now and then. We slept with other people quite often. But when it came down to it, the two of us were what mattered: the Drunken Duo, making everything more interesting a drink at a time.

And, fuck, our lives were pretty goddamn awesome. Especially when they were twisted together.

No comments:

Post a Comment